Now in our third year, we are offering to friends of Occasional Creek Maple the opportunity to purchase their maple syrup before the season starts. What we get from this offer is some up-front funding for supplies that help us kick-start our season. (Lemme see… need new fire bricks for the evaporator, a new stack, new storage bins) What you get is a guarantee that you’ll get delicious syrup once we start boiling, at a reduced price, and in quantities that will likely not be available once the season starts.
Something new we’re going to try this year is offering you the option to save a few dollars by providing us with your own syrup container. This really only works for you if you live close or see Sara or myself on occasion, and are planning on picking up your syrup. (If you were to insist on mailing us a container we’d be forced to sit you down and have a serious Economics 101 talk. So don’t be that guy.)
Finally, by buying our syrup you are putting us to work. I am quite sure of it. Therefore, you are a job creator. It’s true. 5 out of 6 economists agree. Don’t argue. Just bask in it. That’s right… baaaaask.
Here are the details:
- Pre-Order prices are as follows: 1/2 Gallon – $33; Quart – $17, Pint – $9, 1/2 Pint – $5
- Send an email to email@example.com and let us know how many jugs you would like, and what sizes.
- We will send you an invoice for your order total through PayPal. This is the prefered method of payment for pre-orders. (You can make a payment with a credit or debit card on PayPal without having to sign up for an account.)
- We will totally take cash or checks. If you choose this option over PayPal, please include that info in your original email. Keep in mind: we need to receive that payment before we begin boiling in order to hold your order.
- Your syrup will be available for pickup at the sugar shack approximately two weeks after we begin boiling. We will contact you to let you know exactly when we’ve bottled our first round.
- If you live too far away to pick up your order, we can mail it to you. Send us your mailing address in your original email so we can calculate the least expensive shipping cost to add to your invoice. We’ll ship it as soon as it’s produced and bottled.
- You are guaranteed to get the syrup you paid for. We are only pre-selling a conservative portion of what we expect to produce, so even if the season is a small one, we will still make enough to cover your order. In the event of a catastrophe that prevents us from making any syrup, we will refund your money.
- Pre-ordering will end on March 1st, or when we sell through the volume we’ve set aside for pre-orders.
We still aren’t sure how early this year’s season will start, so unlike in years past we won’t close pre-orders just because we start boiling (since we may have to start boiling VERY soon). But, as mentioned above, ordering will close once we sell through pre-ordering volume, and that may happen before we start boiling, depending on the response we get. So get your pre-orders in now!